W spr dysku twardego

Witam!

Mam taki oto problem:

Posiadam komputer o konfiguracji PIV 1,5 Ghz, płyta oparta na chipsecie Intel 845. Jest to Compaq. Interfejs IDE. Kupiłem dysk twardy o pojemności 200 Gb. Po podłączeniu jednak wiesza mi się komp już na starcie. Chipset ten, jak się doczytałem obsługuje dyski jedynie do 137 Gb. Na stronie intela jest jednak napisane, że jak zainstaluję Intel Applicayion Accelerator to będzie wszystko OK i ruszę go bez problemu.

Czy będzie wtedy wszystko działać dobrze. Mam system Win XP Professional z SP2.

Dziękuję za pomoc i pozdrawiam.

Wklejam tekst ze strony INTELA: Intel® Application Accelerator

Information on Using Hard Drives Larger than 137GB (48-bit LBA)

You can use the Intel® Application Accelerator to access the full capacity of hard drives that are larger than 137GB on supported Intel® chipsets with a supported operating system. The Intel Application Accelerator supports hard drives that are greater than 137GB – which is also referred to as 48-bit logical block addressing (LBA).

Windows* XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98 SE, Windows 98, and Windows NT* 4.0 do not provide native support for hard drives that are larger than 137GB. 48-bit LBA support can be added with Windows* XP Service Pack 1 †and Windows* 2000 Service Pack 4 †. Please contact Microsoft* for additional information. In order to enable hard drives larger than 137GB, you will need to install the Intel Application Accelerator or install a 3rd party 48-bit LBA controller card.

Although the Intel Application Accelerator supports 48-bit LBA hard drives, it is not designed to, nor is it capable of, modifying partition sizes. When using Windows* Me, Windows 98 SE, or Windows 98 you may need to install a 3rd party hard drive partitioning software such as PartitionMagic* or Partition Commander* in order to increase the partition size to the hard drive’s full capacity.

Ta program jest potrzebny jak byś miał sam XP który obsługuje dyski do 137GB,problem rozwiązuje XP z SP1 lub dodatkowy program,zmiana wpisu w rejestrze.

Ty musisz zaktualizować bios płyty do najnowszego i na tym chipie nie powinno być problemu z identyfikacją dysku 200 GB przez bios.

Dziękuję za pomoc. Pozdrawiam