Błąd discorda - przeciąża go odtwarzanie klatki wideo 144 Mpix!

POMOCY
Kolega wysłał mi na discordzie link “https://tornadus.net/orange” który zmienia się w emoji.
Ja w to kliknąłem i mi się discord psuje
Pousuwalem pliki Discorda/Beeter Discorda uruchomiłem ponownie kompa a ten się nadal uruchamia ponownie co 15 sekund

POMOCY

Przeinstaluj Discorda i spytaj kolegę co to za link, byś nie wgrał sobie Ramsomwarte’u.

Awarię robi rozmiar wideo 12k na 12k pikseli = 144 MPix

It looks to be a gif that exploit’s discords bad handling incomplete videos/gifs via tampering with the header of media files. The gif header contains a “ftypisom” in the header file so this alone is a telltale sign that the gif is off. Thankfully discord serves a different preview of the site’s cuz of it’s meta handling property so you are not completely screwed, you just need to switch to mobile.

It’s not a gif, it’s an mp4 video. The crash is actually kind of abuse of the video format. In the beginning, the video size in 42x42 pixels, but at the end it changes to a whopping 12000x12000 pixels! The decoder probably causes the crash because it runs out of memory or something.

Also, for some reason, the crash does not happen for me on Linux - Discord just casually uses 4 GB of ram and a lot of CPU but manages to go through the video lol

Spróbuj może na zaporze sieciowej/HOSTS zablokować domenę:

tornadus.net