Jaką wartość wybrać?

Mam programik do czyszczenia dysku … i są tam takie zaawansowane opcje … standardowo wartość ustawiona jest na 1000 … czy mam ją zmniejszyć ? Poniżej jest instrukcja po angielsku … którą nie bardzo rozumiem :?

Jak ktoś z was bedzie miał chwilę to prosze niech rzuci na to okiem i podpowie mi co można zrobić .

Advanced Options

NTFS write buffer size

Under NTFS formatted drives, System Shield is able to use a very efficient writing method that makes use of the advanced features available in this file system. One of these techniques involves the use of variable-size data buffers. When writing to a drive, a data buffer is the chunk of information (in this case comprised of your signature bytes) that is written to the drive at one time. The size of this buffer can range from very small (only a few kilobytes) to very large (several thousand kilobytes), and can make drastic differences in the speed of the operation. As a general rule, slower and older drives work most efficiently with a smaller buffer size (between 100 and 1000), and newer/faster drives have the capacity to better handle large buffer sizes (between 1000 and 20000), translating into quicker writing speeds. The ability to alter the NTFS buffer size is made available because of the very significant differences in speed that can be obtained through adjustment. There is no automatic way of determining your drives’ most efficient setting, so some experimentation is in order if your goal is to reach the fastest potential writing speed. If you are unsure about this setting, it is recommended to leave it at its default value of 1000, although no harm will result from experimentation with other values.

Note: This value only affects NTFS-based operations.

Mam NTFS , procesor 1,7 , 512 ramu , dysk chyba 5000 obrotów…

Dziekuje :slight_smile:

najważniejsza jest końcówka:

czyli rekomendowane jest 1000, ale eksperymentowanie z innymi wartościami nie spowoduje żadnych uszkodzeń :slight_smile:

aha przy NTFS i nowszych dyskach zaleca się wartośc pomiędzy 1000 a 20000 :slight_smile:

no tak 1000 jest wpisane standardowo

dysk Maxtor 2 letni …

nie wiem wiec czy moge pozwolić sobie na eksperymenty i wpisać

np. 500 lub 10000 :?